    SubjectRE: obsolete code must die
    Date
    I agree that removing support for any hardware is a bad idea but I question
    the idea of putting it all in one monolithic download (tar file). If we're
    considering the concern for less developed nations with older hardware,
    imagine how you would like to download the whole kernel with an old 2400 bps
    modem. Not a fun thought.

    Would it make sense to create some sort of 'make config' script that
    determines what you want in your kernel and then downloads only those
    components? After all, with the constant release of new hardware, isn't a
    50MB kernel release not too far away? 100MB?

    --Rainer

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.024 / U:2.108 seconds]