SubjectRe: 2.2.19: eepro100 and cmd_wait issues
Or you could keep your hardware and try the Intel driver, which seems to
work fine. It only works as a module, though. This might also help
narrow the issue to a driver vs. card vs. mobo/BIOS/IRQ/APIC/etc issue.

Personally, I've found the EtherExpress hardware and eepro100 driver to
be flawless in production on both single and dual units, card and
built-in. It's the first choice for Linux now that Tulip has somewhat
faded from view, AFAIC. I have heard mentioned on this list that the
Intel driver is necessary for some (older?) cards, however.

OT: does anyone know what the current state of the Tulip driver is and
if there is good hardware out there? SMC left Tulip and went through at
least two other chipsets, so the only Tulip card I could find as of a
couple of years ago was Digital's. But it was astonishingly expensive
and not clearly supported by the Linux driver.

Thanks,
--
Ken.