SubjectRe: bug in /net/core/dev.c

DJBARROW@de.ibm.com writes:
> On 390 it is very easy to hotplug devices under VM.
>
> We do it all the time using the channel device layer on s/390, so users
> can reconfigure devices if they misconfigure them.
>
> If it can be registered it should be able to be unregistered.
>
> Cornelia Huck in our group in boeblingen noticed the bug too.

I still think it's bogus. Those "early init of device" messages
should only be occurring for specific legacy ISA device drivers,
and for nothing else.

You need to find a way to link in the S390 network drivers after the
net/ module so that the drivers run their init after net_dev_init()
runs.

Sure, this refcount thing is a bug, and I will look at your patch, but
you need to make your normal net devices get init'd after
net_dev_init() runs.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.044 / U:0.396 seconds]