SubjectRe: 2.4.4-ac5 aic7xxx causes hang on my machine
Alan Cox wrote:

> The tables are then described by the $PIRQ table in the BIOS. We use that to
> load the mapping registers in the PCI bridge (and also to read them). If the
> tables are wrong then we will mismap interrupt INTA-D lines to IRQ lines.
>
> IRQ11 appearing on IRQ10 sounds exactly like the INTA-D line setting for IRQ
> 11 is wrong and we connected it to IRQ 10

Which brings me back to my question in my previous email. Why are we
remapping working configs again? I'm at a loss here. This isn't a hot plug
capably motherboard, we don't have to worry about new PCI cards getting thrown
in, and yet we are remapping the IRQs. Why?

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> http://people.redhat.com/dledford
Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before