SubjectRe: ECN: Volunteers needed
> This is to solicit volunteers who will help removing the remaining cruft.
> Some vendors (special positive mention goes to CISCO) have released
> patches which are unfortunately not being propagated by some of the
> site owners.
> Help is needed to contact these site owners and politely using a standard
> email ask them that their site was non-conformant.

I tried to get my local bank to fix their internet banking service about a
month ago. I ran into a 'brick wall'. They only support Windows and MacOS,
since neither currently implement ECN, they don't have a problem :-(

The only answer I got is 'we don't support Linux'. The operator tried
to find some one interested in the network, but the answer was always
the same. 'We don't support.....'
They actually suggested I 'upgrade' my browser at one point!

Their service actually works perfectly with Netscape and Linux 2.4.x
(as long as ECN is disabled).

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans