    SubjectRe: ECN: Volunteers needed
    > This is to solicit volunteers who will help removing the remaining cruft.
    > Some vendors (special positive mention goes to CISCO) have released
    > patches which are unfortunately not being propagated by some of the
    > site owners.
    > Help is needed to contact these site owners and politely using a standard
    > email ask them that their site was non-conformant.

    I tried to get my local bank to fix their internet banking service about a
    month ago. I ran into a 'brick wall'. They only support Windows and MacOS,
    since neither currently implement ECN, they don't have a problem :-(

    The only answer I got is 'we don't support Linux'. The operator tried
    to find some one interested in the network, but the answer was always
    the same. 'We don't support.....'

    They actually suggested I 'upgrade' my browser at one point!

    Their service actually works perfectly with Netscape and Linux 2.4.x
    (as long as ECN is disabled).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.047 / U:33.676 seconds]