SubjectRe: Patch to make ymfpci legacy address 16 bits
Date
Jeff Garzik writes:
> Pavel Roskin wrote:

>> You may need to save some data in memory when the system goes
>> to suspend and restore them afterwards. I believe that the PCI
>> config space should be saved by BIOS. Everything else is the
>> responsibility of the driver.
>
> In ACPI land the kernel should save and restore the PCI device
> config space and the PCI bus config space. It is probably that
> similar is necessary under APM.

When you write "the kernel", do you mean the driver or generic
code? I hope you mean the driver, because I have this:

1. the device looks normal at power on
2. the driver pokes a device-specific config register
3. the config space header changes from type 0 to type 1

(The class code does NOT indicate PCI-to-PCI bridge.
You could say this is like CardBus but much weirder)

If the kernel saves type 1 header data, cuts power using
motherboard features, restores power, and then tries to
restore type 1 header data into a type 0 header... the
system will be well and truly screwed IMHO.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.049 / U:0.156 seconds]