    SubjectRe: ECN: Volunteers needed
    On Wed, 9 May 2001, Pekka Savola wrote:

    > To: Matthew Geier <matthew@sleeper.apana.org.au>
    >
    > On Wed, 9 May 2001, Matthew Geier wrote:

    > > > Help is needed to contact these site owners and politely using a standard
    > > > email ask them that their site was non-conformant.

    [snip]

    > > I tried to get my local bank to fix their internet banking service about a
    > > month ago. I ran into a 'brick wall'. They only support Windows and MacOS,
    > > since neither currently implement ECN, they don't have a problem :-(

    [snip]

    > There are a couple of ways to deal with these:
    >
    > Try to get in touch with someone who is a network admin;

    [snip]

    In most cases, good luck. Though as you pointed out, checking RIPE might
    help.

    I mentioned in here (kernel list) about dogpile.com not supporting
    it. I've tried to contact their administrators with no luck.

    > .. Let's not start a huge thread (especially with this big Cc: list; there
    > should be a smaller forum to discuss this if necessary) on this though.

    Agreed. For now ECN has been disabled here. I got tired of so many sites
    not supporting it that I gave up. Maybe by 2.8.x kernels it will be worth
    turning back on. Thats not to say however that I don't like what the ECN
    people are trying to do, rather its causing me more grief with it on, then
    the grief I get with it off.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.020 / U:0.560 seconds]