SubjectRe: kdb wishlist
Keith,

What would be really great is to add the following item to your wishlist:

* make it possible (it is trivial but a pain to have to do it manually
every time I upgrade to your latest version!) for those extra "modules" to
be statically linked in. So that one doesn't have to keep these lines
in the rc.local

if [ -f /proc/sys/kernel/kdb ]
then
insmod kdbm_pg > /dev/null 2>&1
insmod kdbm_vm > /dev/null 2>&1
fi

and then discover that the modules are from the compilation corresponding
to a different tweak in page.h or highmem or whatever (let him who readeth
understand ;)

Long time ago I suggested removing the infrastructure for these "modules"
completely (justification being -- it is not useless _only_ in a very
exotic case of the need to teach kdb new features on a running kernel
without permission to reboot) but you objected and that is fine, but at
least making it optionally possible would be _very nice_, please.

Regards,
Tigran

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.048 / U:4.332 seconds]