SubjectRe: APIC problem or 3com 3c590 driver problem in smp kernel 2.4.x
The driver for my pci device, I have the SA_SHIRQ set.

Actually what I am thinking it may be APIC support problem. I rebuild my
kernel to use single cpu without APIC support, my device and 3c905 both
work fine. they don't work for SMP kernel (APIC is by default enabled)
Then I configured my uni-processor kernel to enable the APIC support, my
device won't work with the 3c905, just exactly same as it behaves in the
SMP kernel.

regards,

Alex

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Bogdan Costescu wrote:

> On Wed, 30 May 2001, Feng Xian wrote:
>
> > when I run the kernel smp-2.4.x, my PCI
> > device can not receive any interrupt while the /proc/interrupts shows that
> > 3c905 receives over million of interrupts and number grows very fast.
>
> That's a bit strange as one of the first things done in 3c59x ISR is:
>
> if ((status & IntLatch) == 0)
> goto handler_exit; /* No interrupt: shared IRQs can cause this */
>
> with which the driver detects if the interrupt was generated by the card.
> Are you sure the driver for the other PCI device knows to play nice with
> shared interrupts ?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Bogdan Costescu
>
> IWR - Interdisziplinaeres Zentrum fuer Wissenschaftliches Rechnen
> Universitaet Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, GERMANY
> Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
> E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De
>
> -

Feng Xian
/( )\
^^-^^
ALEX

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.046 / U:0.772 seconds]