    SubjectRE: Problems with ac12 kernels and up
    Date

    >> Checking root filesystem. /dev/hde13 is mounted.
    >> Cannot continue, aboorting.
    >> *** An error occurred during the file system check.
    >> *** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
    >> *** when you leave the shell.
    >
    >That means the file system was mounted read/write at boot time. That
    normally
    >indicates a lilo misconfiguration however your lilo.conf looks
    >correct.
    >
    >Alan

    I've built the ac18 kernel with the serial console enabled, and dumped the
    results (this is the one that kernel panics).

    http://jcwren.com/linux/ac18.txt - ac18 dmesg dump
    http://jcwren.com/linux/build.txt - sequence I'm using to build

    The apparent interleaved garbage closer to the bottom is exactly what came
    out on the console. (Is linking to the dumps perferred over including it in
    the mail, or would folks prefer to have the text included? Since I'm not a
    judge of exactly what you need to see, I'm not sure if 200 lines of dump
    would be appropriate or not).

    Just for good measure, I've installed the latest RH 7.1 LILO, mkinitrd, and
    associated tools.

    I also rebuilt the ac12 kernel, and tried again. Same results as the quoted
    text above.

    --John

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.023 / U:32.144 seconds]