    SubjectRe: Linux-2.4.5
    On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 02:11:15PM -0400, Ben LaHaise wrote:
    > No. It does not fix the deadlock. Neither does the patch you posted.

    can you give a try if you can deadlock 2.4.5aa1 just in case, and post a
    SYSRQ+T + if it still deadlocks?

    > But, if you're going to add a reserve pool for buffer heads and bounce
    > pages, please do it with generic, not yet another special case hack.

    The reserved pool for buffer heads is there since the first time I used
    linux I think. I won't certainly object to convert all reserved pool to
    an unified interface, as I'd like if all hashtables would be also sized
    with an unified interface, but that's just a stylistic issue, at least
    for 2.4 that's a very secondary object compared to people who can get
    dealdocks during production.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.036 / U:2.956 seconds]