SubjectRe: Linux-2.4.5
On Sat, 26 May 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sat, 26 May 2001, Rik van Riel wrote:
> >
> > O, that part is fixed by the patch that Linus threw away
> > yesterday ;)
> Rik, I threw away the parts of the patch that were bad and obvious
> band-aids, and it was hard to tell whether any of your patch was a
> "real" fix as opposed to just making more reservations.

1) Remove GFP_BUFFER and HIGHMEM related deadlocks, by letting
these allocations fail instead of looping forever in
__alloc_pages() when they cannot make any progress there.

It's the changes to __alloc_pages(), where we don't loop forever
but fail the allocation.

Send all your spam to (spam digging piggy)