SubjectRe: 2.4 freezes on VIA KT133
> > contrary to the implication here, I don't believe there is any *general*
> > problem with Linux/VIA/AMD stability. there are well-known issues
> VIA hardware is not suitable for anything until we _know_ the
> truth about what is wrong. VIA is hiding something big.

this is INCORRECT: we know there are specific problems with certain
VIA hardware, but there is most definitely *NO* problem with other
VIA hardware, which is eminently suitable for servers, workstations
and cabbage dicing controllers.

afaik, there are absolutely zero problems reported with kt133-no-a
machines, for instance. mine has certainly worked flawlessly for a
long time, on most every 2.3/2.4 kernel over the past year+.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.035 / U:3.552 seconds]