SubjectRe: CRAK: a process checkpoint/restart kernel module
Hi!!

> This project has been there for over one year, and I've got quite a few
> emails asking about it. Before it becomes more reliable, I think letting
> more people know about it is a good idea. Thanks to those who ever
> pushed me on it :-)
>
> I guess many of you have already known about epckpt, a patch written
> by Eduardo Pinheiro that adds process checkpoint/restart capability to the
> Linux kernel. CRAK does the similar thing - in fact, I started this
> project based on epckpt's code, but now they have been very different.

One question: can crak be used for process migration (assuming nodes
share filesystem)? [As in, node of
cluster is going down so we checkpoint and resume on some other node?]

Pavel
PS: Can it checkpoint/restart X applications? I guess some games would
be easier with ability to checkpoint ;-)