SubjectNewbie question
Date
Hello all,

I'm doing a project in linux, and I'm changing the driver of sym53c8xx (a
SCSI board) to support Target mode.

To receive data, we need 2 interrupts. One is for initializing all of the
structures needed, and the second to send the data to the SCSI layer. What
happens is that bettwen that two interrupts i can't start sending data, but
in some cases that happen, and is beyond my control. To start sending data I
set a bit in a certain register of the chip.

What i would like to know is how can i to a kind of lock so that I set a
variable in the first interrupt, and unset it in the second. If the SCSI
layer trys to send data, I whant to stop before I set the bit of the chip.
But I don't know how...

Can anybody tel me how to do it?

Pedro Semeano

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.025 / U:0.188 seconds]