Nathan writes:
> I've got a system monitoring box, running 2.4.4 with a few patches (ide,
> inode-nr_unused, max-readahead, knfsd, and a couple of basic tuning opts w/o
> code changes). Basically, the server runs anywhere from a few hours to a few
> days, but always seems to get to a point where it gets tons of the following
> type of oops. It is almost ALWAYS in d_lookup.
> May 23 10:53:44 sysmon kernel: Unable to handle kernel paging request at
> virtual address 96000000

I can't help you with your specific problem, but I'm curious if someone
can explain exactly what "Unable to handle kernel paging request" means?
Is this a bad pointer deference, a page fault for a non-existent page?
Stack corruption or overflow? What would cause this?

Cheers, Andreas
Andreas Dilger \ "If a man ate a pound of pasta and a pound of antipasto,
\ would they cancel out, leaving him still hungry?" -- Dogbert

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.039 / U:1.316 seconds]