    Nathan writes:
    > I've got a system monitoring box, running 2.4.4 with a few patches (ide,
    > inode-nr_unused, max-readahead, knfsd, and a couple of basic tuning opts w/o
    > code changes). Basically, the server runs anywhere from a few hours to a few
    > days, but always seems to get to a point where it gets tons of the following
    > type of oops. It is almost ALWAYS in d_lookup.
    >
    > May 23 10:53:44 sysmon kernel: Unable to handle kernel paging request at
    > virtual address 96000000

    I can't help you with your specific problem, but I'm curious if someone
    can explain exactly what "Unable to handle kernel paging request" means?
    Is this a bad pointer deference, a page fault for a non-existent page?
    Stack corruption or overflow? What would cause this?

    Cheers, Andreas
    --
    Andreas Dilger \ "If a man ate a pound of pasta and a pound of antipasto,
    \ would they cancel out, leaving him still hungry?"