SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.4-ac17
Date
Dear Alan ,

Have you noticed (or fixed ) :-

1. the Memory leakage in ramfs
2. initialization of Ramdisk.

In you your new versions .

I am adding some details about them , for your reference :-

#######################################
1. the Memory leakage in ramfs (Subject of email was "Memory leak in the
ramfs file system")
---------------------------

"Linus Torvalds" <torvalds@transmeta.com> wrote:
> What does /proc/slabinfo say? The most likely leak is a dentry leak or
> an inode leak, and both of those should be fairly easy to see in the
> slab info (dentry_cache and inode_cache respectively).

I am attaching details before and during my application .

Mainly changes are in dentry_cache and inode_cache , but i am attaching
whole /proc/slabinfo for your reference.

> Obviously, it could be a data page leak too, but such a leak should be
> easy to see by creating a few big files and deleting them..
>
> Linus

I am also facing one more problem with ramfs.

du and df shows 0 , so i am also attaching its output.
#######################################
2. initialization of Ramdisk. (Subject of email was "Ramdisk Initialization
Problem")
---------------------------

I am using kernel 2.4.1 with compressed Ramdisk on Hitachi SH board ,
with no battery. When i run kernel first time , it works fine , it
uncompress Ramdisk and i get my shell prompt . But when i restart it
second time (with out removing power cable ) kernel dies when
uncompressing Ramdisk.
But , if i remove my power supply for more than 5 minutes , and then
i start again , it works again.
It seems that in 2.4.1 and/or later versions has Ramdisk Initailization
or uninitialised memory problem.
But i faced no problem with 2.2.12 kernel.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Jaswinder.
--