    SubjectRe: ECN is on!
    Richard Gooch wrote:
    > Dave sent a message out a week or two ago saying he was going to do it
    > soon. And back in January he said he'd be doing it in February. The
    > kernel list FAQ has stated this right at the top, in big, bright red
    > letters. Yesterday, after I saw Dave's announcement, I updated the FAQ
    > to reflect that we're now running ECN.
    >
    > People have had plenty of warning. Think of it as a bonus that it
    > didn't happen back in February. They've had an extra 3 months to sort
    > something out.

    The "we'll turn it on in February" warning is worth NOTHING in this
    situation: February comes and goes. March comes and goes. Everybody
    who read the warning will think: Ok, so I must be fine.

    A warning of the form: "ECN will go on as soon as this message clears
    the queues" would've been useful, as thousands (hundreds?) suddenly get
    nothing anymore.

    Roger.

    * There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots.
    * There are also old, bald pilots.