SubjectFinal Warning [ was: ECN is on! ]
At 10:18 AM 5/22/01, Steve Modica wrote:

>Perhaps it's none of my business, but it doesn't seem very sporting to
>just turn something on that breaks stuff and say "you had fair
>warning". Why not shut it back off, issue a statement saying it works
>now and will be re-enabled on June 10th or something, and everyone must
>do thus and so or they will break on that day?
>
>Vague things like "it'll be turned on real soon now" or ASAP really mean
>"never" since admins always have things with real deadlines at the top
>of their list.

I'd suggest something like:

Final Warning. ECN is being turned on NOW. If your firewall doesn't
support ECN, this will be the last message that gets through to you from us.

Such a message will have the interesting characteristic of being the last
message received. This will make it obvious why no further messages are
arriving.

David