SubjectRe: New XFS, ReiserFS and Ext2 benchmarks
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~phillips/htree on this server.

Apache/1.3.14 Server at nl.linux.org Port 80

On 05/22, Daniel Phillips rearranged the electrons to read:
> On Tuesday 22 May 2001 04:41, Ricardo Galli wrote:
> > Hi,
> > you can find at http://bulma.lug.net/static/ a few new benchmarks
> > among Reiser, XFS and Ext2 (also one with JFS).
> >
> > This time there is a comprehensive Hans' Mongo benchmarks
> > (http://bulma.lug.net/static/mongo/ )and a couple of kernel
> > compilations and read/write/fsync operations tests (I was very
> > careful of populating the cache before the measures for the last two
> > cases).
>
> The measured create and rename times for Ext2 look pretty silly, don't they?
> OK, I know that my htree directory index patch isn't part of Ext2 yet, but at
> least lets mention that this is a solved problem.
>
> http://nl.linux.org/~phillips/htree
>
> --
> Daniel
> -

Hob Goblin
core@enodev.com

Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things. - Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)