    SubjectRe: ECN is on!
    Rogier Wolff wrote:
    > The "we'll turn it on in February" warning is worth NOTHING in this
    > situation: February comes and goes. March comes and goes. Everybody
    > who read the warning will think: Ok, so I must be fine.
    > A warning of the form: "ECN will go on as soon as this message clears
    > the queues" would've been useful, as thousands (hundreds?) suddenly get
    > nothing anymore.

    I agree with this line of thinking. The various academics studying
    geology have been warning California about "The Big One" for years now,
    and no one seems to care anymore.

    I don't think anyone's being lazy and I certainly don't have the
    information to comment on the size of their butts. So I'd rather just
    assume they were working very hard on other things (like getting TPC-H
    benchmarks to run!)

    Steve Modica
    Manager - Networking Drivers Group
    "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day, hit him with a fish and
    he leaves you alone" - me

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.021 / U:7.600 seconds]