SubjectRe: ECN is on!
Rogier Wolff wrote:
> The "we'll turn it on in February" warning is worth NOTHING in this
> situation: February comes and goes. March comes and goes. Everybody
> who read the warning will think: Ok, so I must be fine.
>
> A warning of the form: "ECN will go on as soon as this message clears
> the queues" would've been useful, as thousands (hundreds?) suddenly get
> nothing anymore.

I agree with this line of thinking. The various academics studying
geology have been warning California about "The Big One" for years now,
and no one seems to care anymore.

I don't think anyone's being lazy and I certainly don't have the
information to comment on the size of their butts. So I'd rather just
assume they were working very hard on other things (like getting TPC-H
benchmarks to run!)

Steve

--
Steve Modica