SubjectRe: [LV] start_thread question...
On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 05:24:48PM +0100, Dave Airlie wrote:

> I'm implementing start_thread for the VAX port and am wondering does
> start_thread have to return to load_elf_binary? I'm working on the init
> thread and what is happening is it is returning the whole way back to the
> execve caller .. which I know shouldn't happen.....
>
> so I suppose what I'm looking for is the point where the user space code
> gets control... is it when the registers are set in the start_thread? if
> so how does start_thread return....
>
> On the VAX we have to call a return from interrupt to get to user space
> and I'm trying to figure out where this should happen...

I haven't got time to look at this in detail, but you could
probably do it by frobbing the saved registers that will be
restored by the ret_from_syscall in entry.S. Do you have
a pt_regs *regs function argument at the right point? If
so, it should point to these saved registers.

Later,
Kenn

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.080 / U:2.264 seconds]