Subjectnfs performance at high loads
Hello!!
Well... thanks for all the suggestions, but we might need to
stick with 2.4.2 for various other dependencies, but, I have a
surprising thing to report on the observations. I tried the
zero-copy patch on 2.4.0, and it seemed to help in solving the
memory allocation problem, and also did have some decent
throughput and response time ( around 5 milliseconcds or so ).
But, with 2.4.2, its horrible!!! Yes, we don't see any memory
allocation problems, but nfs seems to have been really screwed
up or something. I haven't had the chance to look at the code (
should try to do so soon ), but does anybody have any idea of
lurking bugs in this area?? This is totally unacceptable. We see
response times of 80 milliseconds!!! There is something really
gone wrong here...
any ideas??
Thanks