    SubjectRe: CML2 design philosophy heads-up
    Keith Owens wrote:

    > > (c) Decide not to support this case and document the fact in the
    > > rulesfile. If you're going put gunge on the VME bus that replaces
    > > the SBC's on-board facilities, you can hand-hack your own configs.
    >
    > In general this is the best option, if you create a non-standard
    > configuration for machine foo then it is your problem, not everybody
    > else's.

    If you use a standard configuration, you can use a precompiled
    kernel as well.

    Sorry I don't buy this. The point of the kernel configuration
    is to also allow non-standard configurations. Think about it:
    the standard pc (PC99 or whatever it is called this year) doesn't
    have a PS/2 port, only USB. So we can remove even the question
    from the config system, no?

    Greetings,
    Arjan van de Ven

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.021 / U:61.956 seconds]