SubjectRe: CML2 design philosophy heads-up
Keith Owens wrote:

> > (c) Decide not to support this case and document the fact in the
> > rulesfile. If you're going put gunge on the VME bus that replaces
> > the SBC's on-board facilities, you can hand-hack your own configs.
> In general this is the best option, if you create a non-standard
> configuration for machine foo then it is your problem, not everybody
> else's.

If you use a standard configuration, you can use a precompiled
kernel as well.

Sorry I don't buy this. The point of the kernel configuration
is to also allow non-standard configurations. Think about it:
the standard pc (PC99 or whatever it is called this year) doesn't
have a PS/2 port, only USB. So we can remove even the question
from the config system, no?

Arjan van de Ven