SubjectRe: IPv6: the same address can be added multiple times
Date
Hello!

> 2) no significant restrictions (==this)

When user asks to create some object, the only required thing
of any reasonable interface is to return an error when the object
is not added.

KAME's one is broken, ours is _one_ of right ones.

Another example of bad mistake is mine: I have made some crap with creating
tunnels: adding tunnel does not fail, when such tunnel already exists,
so that user has no idea, whether did it create tunnel (and should it
delete it) or someone another made this work. Note, that if we would
be able to create _duplicate_ tunnels on each new request (like IPv6 addresses),
this would be also right approach.

Alexey

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.078 / U:0.400 seconds]