SubjectRe: Linux-2.4.4 failure to compile
"Richard B. Johnson" wrote:

> I have both. I also have `flex`, but not `lex'. `lex' is a simlink to
> flex. What this compile wanted is some header files in expects for
> `yacc` that are not present. And they don't come with the `bison`
> distribution. Maybe they came with `yacc` years ago? Anyway there
> are some poor assumptions being made in the source Makefile.
>
> It would be nice to have the 'microcode' assembler running for
> aic7xxx since it is now required for the thing to load.

It worked just fine with "bison" here (with the appropriate shell script
added.)

I think the header file you're talking about is the db1 header file,
which has nothing to do with yacc -- it's the Berkeley libdb version 1,
which is a pretty bad thing to require.

-hpa

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt