SubjectRE: write() writes too many bytes?
My apologies for bothering the list with this cool-sounding but bogus
problem; I only sent it accidentally (I discovered my mistake while
writing the original) and followed with a retraction which I stupidly
sent to the old rutgers address. Wish I had sent the original there,
too.

I was fooled by characters inserted by emacs when I loaded up the file
to look at it. I loaded it as text, then converted to hex. Emacs had
already added some '^'s to denote escape characters, and left them in.
My mistake.

-Eric

> My program write()s 2- and 4- byte chunks or data to a file (for a WAV
> header). When the data being written contains an 0xff byte, it is
> apparently written to disk as 2 bytes: 0x81ff.

----- End forwarded message -----

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.040 / U:23.444 seconds]