    SubjectRe: Getting FS access events

    > I'm really serious about doing "resume from disk". If you want a fast
    > boot, I will bet you a dollar that you cannot do it faster than by loading
    > a contiguous image of several megabytes contiguously into memory. There is
    > NO overhead, you're pretty much guaranteed platter speeds, and there are
    > no issues about trying to order accesses etc. There are also no issues
    > about messing up any run-time data structures.

    resume from disk is actually pretty hard to do in way it is readed linearily.

    While playing with swsusp patches (== suspend to disk) I found out that
    it was slow. It needs to do atomic snapshot, and only reasonable way to
    do that is free half of RAM, cli() and copy.

    details at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.020 / U:9.572 seconds]