SubjectRe: TCP capture effect (was Re: Linux TCP impotency)
> I'm curious about this effect so I've been trying to find information
> on this and while I can find lots of information on the Ethernet
> capture effect there doesn't seem to be anything on the TCP capture
> effect. Could someone point me at an explanation of this effect?

it is exactly the same thing but the backoffs are the TCP level backoffs and
the collisions are between TCP streams. There are statistical approaches to
fairness used in routers (a local capture effect annoyance to you
is rather bad news on backbones).

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:53    [W:0.152 / U:0.252 seconds]