    SubjectRe: Linux support for Microsoft dynamic disks?
    Date
    > Linux needs to understand the LDM database in order to support
    dual-boot
    > Win2k (or XP) and Linux configurations where there are one or more
    dynamic
    > disks present in the system and the user wants to access their NTFS
    > partitions residing on the dynamic disk(s) from Linux.

    I had (on a 2G disk) a NTFS, a FAT and some Linux partitions. It even
    refused
    to convert to dynamic disk. When it finally did, my Linux partitions
    vanished.
    You need this support to even be able to use linux on that disk... btw
    that
    is my largest HDD I have :(
    So I now removed that crap, bought a laptop and use static disks. And
    installed
    some linux.

    -mirabilos
    --