    SubjectRe: 2.4.4 kernel freeze for unknown reason
    > > > If I turn swap off all together or turn it off and back on
    > > > periodically to clear the swap before it gets full, I do not seem to
    > > > experience the lockups.
    >
    > Why do I not see this behavior with a heavy swap throughput test load?
    > It seems decidedly odd to me that swapspace should remain allocated on
    > other folks lightly loaded boxen given that my heavily loaded box does
    > release swapspace quite regularly. What am I missing?

    If you swap really hard it seems much happier. If you vaguely swap stuff out
    over time then I too see the description above only I have Rik's dont deadlock
    on oom tweak so I see apps die.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.027 / U:12.220 seconds]