[lkml]   [2001]   [May]   [11]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
Messages in this thread
SubjectRe: LVM 1.0 release decision
> This leads to the dilemma, that trying to avoid further differences between
> our LVM releases and the stock kernel code would force us into postponing
> the pending LVM 1.0 release accordingly which OTOH is incovenient for the LVM
> user base.
> In regard to this situation we'ld like to know about your oppinion on
> the following request:
> is it acceptable to release 1.0 soon *before* all patches to reach the 1.0 code

Please fix the binary incompatibility in the on disk format between the current
code and your new release _before_ you do that. The last patches I was sent
would have screwed every 64bit LVM user.

A new format is fine but import old ones properly. And if you do a new format
stop using kdev_t on disk - it will change size soon


To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to
More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at

 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.095 / U:0.028 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site