    SubjectQuestion: Status of USAGI/FreeSWAN?

    FreeSWAN has IPSec for IPv4 on Linux.

    USAGI is better/more conformant IPv6 (with IPSec for IPv6 in development)
    for Linux.

    The USAGI goal is to get themselves folded into the official kernel (and
    glibc) at some point "in the near future".

    What are the plans to get all this (FreeSWAN,USAGI) folded into the
    kernel. Are the "crypto" legal issues resolved enough now to have crypto
    in the official kernel? It would nice to not to have to chase down all
    these seperate components and eventually manually patch.

    I'm going a bit crazy keeping track of several different kernel patches
    (IPSec,IPv6 in particular) while my *BSD friends just laugh at me. :)

    Dax

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:5.593 / U:0.008 seconds]