Subject* Re: Severe trashing in 2.4.4
Well,

When a puzzled Alexey wondered whether the problems I was seeing with 2.4.4
might be related to a failure to execute 'make clean' before compiling the
kernel, I replied in the negative as I *always* clean up before compiling
anything. Yet, for the sake of science and such I moved the kernel tree and
started from scratch.

The problems I was seeing are no more, 2.4.4 behaves like a good kernel should.

Was it me? Was it reiserfs? Was is divine intervention? I will probably never
find out, but for now this thread, and the accompanying scare, can Resquiam In
Paces.

Cheers//Frank
--
## o o\ / Frank de Lange \