SubjectRe: 2.4 and 2GB swap partition limit
On Tue, 1 May 2001, David S. Miller wrote:
> Rik van Riel writes:
> > Then we will be scanning through memory looking for something to
> > swap out (otherwise we'd not be in need of swap space, right?).
> > At this point we can simply free up swap entries while scanning
> > through memory looking for stuff to swap out.
>
> Sounds a lot like my patch I posted a few weeks ago:

Not really. Your patch only reclaims swap cache pages that
hang around after a process exit()s. What I want to do is
reclaim swap space of pages which have been swapped in so
we can use that swap space to swap something else out.

regards,

Rik

Send all your spam to aardvark@nl.linux.org (spam digging piggy)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.054 / U:5.408 seconds]