    SubjectRe: goodbye
    On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Matti Aarnio wrote:

    > The incentive behind the DUL is to force users not to post
    > straight out to the world, but to use their ISP's servers
    > for outbound email --- normal M$ users do that, after all.
    > Only spammers - and UNIX powerusers - want to post directly
    > to the world from dialups. And UNIX powerusers should know
    > better,

    UNIX power users do know better. They know their ISPs mail
    server could show up in RSS or ORBS any moment. Therefor they
    use their own machines for sending out email.

    IMHO DUL is an unethical list to use because it assumes guilty
    by default. This is different from all other spam blocking lists,
    which only block hosts _after_ they've found something wrong with

    The other exception is, which blocks
    everything it cannot test and is just as bad as DUL.

    Anyway, since linux-kernel has chosen to not receive email from me
    I won't bother answering VM bugreports or anything here. It's up to
    Matti and Davem to decide how useful a place linux-kernel will be.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.023 / U:15.320 seconds]