    SubjectRE: st corruption with 2.4.3-pre4
    On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Stefano Coluccini wrote:
    > > I'm still waiting for other reports of st/sym53c8xx on PPC under
    > > 2.4.x. BTW,
    > > does it work on other big-endian platforms, like sparc?
    > I don't know if it is the same problem, but ...
    > I have a Motorola MVME5100 (PowerPC 750 based CPU) with a mezzanine PCI
    > based on the sym53c875 chip. I'm using the 2_5 kernel from fmslabs and the
    > first time I have downloaded the kernel all works fine, while in a
    > successive update the sym53c8xx driver was changed and my board don't work
    > anymore. The driver hangs on downloading the SCSI scripts.
    > I'm not a SCSI driver expert, so I've solved the problem installing the old
    > version of the driver.
    > Tom Rini says to me that it happened when he have merged some updates from
    > the 2_4 tree, so I think my problem is related to the latest updates to the
    > driver.

    This is a different problem. You have to do the equivalent of what
    process_bridge_ranges()/pci_process_OF_bridge_ranges() (the function got
    renamed recently) does for your machine. Else PCI memory space won't work.

    -- Linus Torvalds

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.023 / U:76.604 seconds]