    SubjectRe: pcnet32 (maybe more) hosed in 2.4.3
    Carsten Langgaard wrote:

    > I'm not sure what the problem is, but the whole deal about checking whether the
    > controller runs in 16 bit or 32 bit mode, is a little bit tricky.
    >[snip]
    Without the changes listed in this thread, 2.4.3 crashed vmware 2.0.3
    Linux. It did not OOPS the kernel, it caused vmware to go down in
    flames.... Changing the code per the previous mail fixed it and
    my VM now works fine. THANKS!

    Is this list non-causal? The answer was posted to the list as I
    was getting ready to build 2.4.3 on my VM, before I found the
    problem or even had to ask the question!

    Cheers,
    --
    W. Wade, Hampton <whampton@staffnet.com>
    If Microsoft Built Cars: Every time they repainted the