    SubjectRe: Dane-Elec PhotoMate Combo
    >>> This config option is considered so immature that it's not ready for
    >>> kernel config, even as an EXPERIMENTAL. Use it at your own risk.

    >> Of course. But the choice is simple. Without it, one has a non-functional
    >> device. With it, one has a device that works beautifully.

    > I would seriously argue with the "works beautifully" part of that.
    > The DPCM code relies on the SDDR09 code, which is horrendously buggy.
    > I can crash it at will with relatively simple operations.

    Let me be more precise then.
    The commands
    blockdev --rereadpt /dev/sdb
    mount /dev/sdb1 /f -t msdos
    mv /f/dcim/100mlt01/* .
    umount /f
    copy the digital camera images written by a Minolta from a Compact Flash
    card to the current directory and empty the card. This is the part that
    works beautifully (since it works).

    (One of these days I must look more at the rereadpt part of this.
    After removing the card, I still have the partition /dev/sdb1,
    which is an error.)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.026 / U:3.924 seconds]