SubjectRe: ReiserFS? How reliable is it? Is this the future?
Date
On Tuesday,  3. April 2001 14:13, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> If I get the DVD stuff working, then I won't need NT anymore, i.e.
> I will have an empty disk.
>
> What is your impression about ReiserFS? Does it work? Is it stable
> enough for my daily work, or is it something to try out and watch
> carefully? Do you use ReiserFS for your boot partition?
>
> Or should I try ext3 instead?

I am using reiserfs since kernel 2.2.14 or so.
It runs on my IBM Thinkpad without complications with kernel 2.4.3.
Same with a Compaq Proliant Server, kernel 2.4.2-ac28, two PIII and a
hardware raid controller. I heard about complications with nfs.
I cannot see any speed improvements (maybe there are some beacause of
the tree structure) but the file system check after a crash is much
faster than with ext2.
It would be nice, if there are any hackers from the xfs, ext3 or jfs
development team with some comparisons.

ff
--
Frank Fiene, SYNTAGS GmbH, Im Defdahl 5-10, D-44141 Dortmund, Germany
Security, Cryptography, Networks, Software Development