SubjectRe: a quest for a better scheduler
On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 05:18:03PM -0700, Fabio Riccardi wrote:
> I have measured the HP and not the "scalability" patch because the two do more
> or less the same thing and give me the same performance advantages, but the
> former is a lot simpler and I could port it with no effort on any recent
> kernel.

Actually, there is a significant difference between the HP patch and
the one I developed. In the HP patch, if there is a schedulable task
on the 'local' (current CPU) runqueue it will ignore runnable tasks on
other (remote) runqueues. In the multi-queue patch I developed, the
scheduler always attempts to make the same global scheduling decisions
as the current scheduler.

Mike Kravetz
IBM Linux Technology Center

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.105 / U:2.128 seconds]