SubjectRe: Sony Memory stick format funnies...
Rogier Wolff wrote:

> > I doubt the kernel is seeing it without it being there (it doesn't have
> > much imagination.) However, it may very well be there in a funny
> > manner. You do realize, of course, that it's pretty much impossible for
> > us to help you answer that question without a complete dump of the
> > filesystem on hand, I hope?
>
> Yes, I realize. That's why I gave the whole dump in the first Email.
>
> These are all lines of 16 bytes that do not contain only zeroes or
> only 0xff's.

I can't test kernel behaviour with a hexdump! I think the first thing
you should do is dd your entire thing to a file, mount it loopback, and
see if the behaviour reoccurs or not using the file. Then you may want
to consider posting the binary somewhere.

-hpa

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt