    SubjectCompiled sound causes loss of scrollback console : 2.4.4-p6
    While tracking down a sound problem, I decided to compile in the
    soundblaster rather than use modules. It's been a long time since I
    ran sound under linux, but that used to work fine.

    I watched the reboot, noticed the usual isapnp stuff (part of problem)

    PCI: Probing PCI hardware
    Limiting direct PCI/PCI transfers.
    Activating ISA DMA hang workarounds.
    isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
    isapnp: Calling quirk for 01:00
    isapnp: SB audio device quirk - increasing port range
    isapnp: Card 'Creative SB16 PnP'
    isapnp: 1 Plug & Play card detected total

    and then noticed that there were no soundblaster messages and tried to
    scrollback to verify. Pressing Shift-PageUp did absolutely nothing.

    The only change was to move from modules to compiled for sound, OSS,
    and soundblaster. Booting the previous kernel(s) showed a working
    scrollback. 2.4.4-pre6 compiled under gcc 2.95.3 20010315 release.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.020 / U:0.100 seconds]