SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.3ac13
On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 01:14:11AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/2.4/
>
> Intermediate diffs are available from
>
> http://www.bzimage.org
>
> This isnt a proper release as such, it should just deal with most of the
> compile failure/symbol failure problems.
>
> 2.4.3-ac13
> o Switch to NOVERS symbols for rwsem (me)
> | Called from asm blocks so they can't be versioned
> o Fix gcc 2.95 building on rwsem (Niels Jensen)
> o Fix cmsfs build (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
> o Fix rio build/HZ setup (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
> o Fix PPP filtering dependancy in config (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)

I just tried 2.4.3-ac13 on my laptop, a Toshiba Tecra 8000, which has a
NeoMagic video controller. I boot it using the VESA frame buffer, using the
arguments:

video=vesa:mtrr vga=0x317

for a 16-bit 1024x768 screen. The video doesn't come on at all, but the
machine boots up normally (ie, I can log into it via ssh via the wireless
pcmcia card). If I boot up with the VGA console, the screen is displayed just
fine. This worked in 2.4.3-ac11.

Also, I initially built ac13 with:

make mrproper
make menuconfig

and it doesn't ask whether I want to build the normal USHI USB driver either as
a module or builtin to the kernel, only whether I want to build the alternative
USHI USB dirver (the JE driver). Make xconfig asks whether you want to build
both drivers. I'm not sure whether this was a bug in previous versions or
not.

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc. (GCC group)
Work: meissner@redhat.com phone: +1 978-486-9304