SubjectRe: SGI Visual Workstation Support
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 nick@snowman.net wrote:

> Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:46:15 -0400 (EDT)
> From: nick@snowman.net
> To: Erik Mouw <J.A.K.Mouw@ITS.TUDelft.NL>
> Cc: Bram Smout <bram@ba.be>, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
> Subject: Re: SGI Visual Workstation Support
>
> Is documantation available for the VW?
> Nick

There is some user documentation at SGI's TechPubs:

http://techpubs.sgi.com/

Other than that, SGI releases their ProPack overlay software every now and then
so you can install it on top of Red Hat, SuSE, TurboLinux or any of the major
distribution. You will find more information over here:

http://www.sgi.com/linux/

As for the 2.4 kernel, I recently installed their XFS beta on top of Red
Hat Linux 7.1 no problem. It installs a 2.4.2 kernel modified by the SGI
developers to work with the XFS filesystem. I understand it's still beta
software, but it's been running just fine on my system for a while now.

If you need _real_ in-depth information that I cannot provide due to my
ignorance of these issue, go ahead and send a message to one of the mailing
lists for any of their projects. I'm pretty sure their developers will
provide the help you need.

I hope I didn't waste your time or bandwidth. I usually keep quite and
listen to you guys to see what I can learn. I just thought I might have
some helpful info in this case. :-)

Nitebirdz