Jeff Garzik [jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com] wrote:
> Tom Rini wrote:
> > Which does boil down to having to work with trees other than Linus or
> > Alans. Remember, the official tree is not always the up-to-date tree,
> > or in the case of other arches, the most relevant tree.
>
> Yep. You could even look at Linus as simply the x86 port maintainer :)
>
> Except for alpha and x86, AFAIK, most people wind up going through
> arch-specific channels to get their kernels...

This may be a dumb question, but is there some place where the arch
maintainers are listed? Where the arch-specific trees are kept? Where
would I go to get the latest set of relevant patches for alpha?

Grepping the Documentation/ directory for "alpha" I see nothing
relevant. IMHO this should all be listend in one place. Maybe
Documentation/Arch-Maintainers.txt.

Cheers,
-- Bob

Bob McElrath (rsmcelrath@students.wisc.edu)
Univ. of Wisconsin at Madison, Department of Physics

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans