    Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>:
    > > Even supposing that's so, a 36% rate of broken symbols is way too high.
    > > It argues that we need to do a thorough housecleaning at least once in
    > > order to get back to an acceptably low stable rate.
    >
    > Many of your 'broken' symbols arent. We have no idea what the real amount is

    If it can't be mechanically verified that the symbol has a correct reference
    pattern within the tree, then it's broken. That's a definition.

    The fact that it might become un-broken someday, by somebody's
    intention to merge in future code, is interesting but irrelevant to
    the fact that symbols broken in present time *mask bugs* in present time.

    I'm not being a compulsive neatnik -- that wouldn't be worth my time. What I'm
    trying to do is reduce the number of crevices in which bugs can hide.

    This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were
    no religion in it.
    -- John Adams, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.