SubjectRe: Recent problems with APM and XFree86-4.0.1
Rafael E. Herrera wrote:
> > I've noticed other changes in suspend/resume. I'm running Gnome now,
> > and it insists on running xscreensaver whenever I close the lid.
> > Somehow it is noticing the APM event, because this is very consistent.
> > Does anyone know how to disable this? The setting "No screensaver"
> > under the list of screensavers didn't help -- it just runs a blank
> > screensaver which is even more confusing, because the computer appears
> > not to have resumed (when it's just a black screensaver).
>
> Look at the s option in the man pages for xset, that may help.

That is about when to blank/power down the display isn't it?

I know that xscreensaver watches for that (according to the man page),
and doesn't draw anything while the monitor's powered down.

But how do I stop xscreensaver from being started in the first place?

-- Jamie

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.081 / U:29.236 seconds]