SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.3-ac7
> > > I was wondering whether the swsusp work might form a useful basis
> > > for the eventual ACPI implementation of the to-disk hibernation
> > > stuff:
> >
> > I (and others) have looked at it. It's a pretty cool patch, but it
> > really isn't the right way to do things.
>
> swsusp is most definitely the right way to do things. It works on my
> laptop which has non suspend to disk APM, it even works on my MVP3
> board where ACPI bombs totally (BIOS bug).
>
> It might not be the right thing to do if ACPI suspend is present
> though.
>
> Actually swsusp has one minor problem. Because of implementation bugs
> in some of the journalled file systems like ext3 using swsusp with
> those file systems can corrupt your disks (they write to disk even
> when told to mount read only rather than replaying the log to disk
> when the mount goes r/w - which is really antisocial, breaks if you
> are trying to recover from a failed disk and wants fixing.)

I tried swsusp on my vaio (also a c1ve :-) and it didn't work because it
(said it) couldn't stop [kreiserfsd]. :-( It didn't do any harm also
afaics.
I have zero experience with apm and acpi, but the thing I liked about
swsusp is that it works with a sysrq key combo.

Ookhoi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.051 / U:1.148 seconds]