SubjectRe: [repost] Announce: Linux-OpenLVM mailing list
AJ Lewis wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 08:02:50PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
>>Well their approach to patches that fix bugs is to reject emails. They've done
>>that to stuff I've reported any many others. So there is a problem. And its
>>kind of hard to discuss a problem when you are being moderated out of existance.
> Hmm...i guess there is a communication issue here. It sounds like the
> message that our ML server was sending was misleading. We were not
> rejecting mail because of content. The ML server was rejecting it because
> the address was not subscribed. Our idea was that we don't want spam.
> If it's completely unmoderated, then we will get a *lot* of spam.

Gosh, this seems like a bit of a red herring, IMHO. Do you think the
LKML gets a "lot" of spam? Or, how about the linux-usb-devel or
linux-hotplug-devel lists? None of these lists are moderated and the
occasional spam gets sent to them, but I haven't noticed there being
enough spam to hinder the usefulness of these lists.